Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Illuminate Live

(The picture is a snapshot of Jan Reyes Blog)

1. Describe the experience with Illuminate Live.

The concept of Illuminate Live really wasn’t new to me and although this was my first time with the program, it was real easy to relate to it. The first trial with the whole class was fun because I got to add some pictures of my dog and some other funny pics that I’d rather not describe. The whole class got to see it. It was hilarious; at least for me it was. On our second attempt, we had an opportunity to chat with Bree who was an old resident/teacher on island then. This was a time I had to be serious.

2. What did you like? Dislike?

I love that fact that people could share things online and everyone would be able to see it. The one thing I didn’t like from the chatting experience is the slow reception. I guess that wasn’t the program’s fault. The connection speed on the whole island is kind of slow at times. Aside from that the program is great.

3. How would a distance-learning application like Illuminate, benefit students?

Well the one best thing about this is that students from all over the world can meet up and share information and not be in the same room with each other.

4. What are some ideas that you learned from Bree?

Honestly, I couldn’t remember much but I do remember that she told us a lot of different sites that work similar to Illuminate Live such as Officelive. The site for this is www.officelive.com

5. What will you take with you in more depth? Why?

Assuming that I’ll be teaching or studying through some long distance program, then I’ll definitely study a program of this type more in depth.


No comments: