Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Flickr

Today's lesson was a bit frustrating! I couldn't believe how slow the internet connection was. I nearly gave up on simply trying to upload and post pictures on the Flickr website, but I didn't. Fortunately, I pulled through towards the end and finished what I had to do. Flickr, a video and image hosting website, was on the agenda for today. The lesson- create an account and upload pictures to create a picture badge to attach on my blogsite. The result is what's posted on the corner of my blog. Neat huh? Well, at least I think so.

If I were to introduce this website to students, I would make sure they're proficient enough to play around with the program. Also, any lesson associated with this program has to be age appropriate. A simple lesson for older students would be for them to create an account, upload photos, and share photos and videos with their classmates. They could post daily, if cameras are provided, a Picture Post of the Day along with a brief description of it.

No comments: