Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Photo Editing


Today's class agenda: research a photo editing software, play around with it, and share with the class about its pros and cons.

Before the assignment had begun I had intended to edit photos with the program photoscape, but due to unforeseen circumstances I, along with Joey, decided to thinker around with the photo software Picnik. Since most photo editing softwares share somewhat the same capabilities, in terms of basic applications such as cropping, red-eye removal, rotating, resizing, etc... We instead focused on its special features. These features are really what separates all the photo editing softwares out there apart. For my part, I played around with its collage making option. There were many options to play with as well as designs to choose from however, most of the best ones were not free. There is a premium fee for the best ones and that is, in my opinion, is the downfall of this program. I would have to say this photo editing software is great for novice editors but not for professionals. I would give this a 4 or a 5 out of a scale of 1-10.

No comments: